Innovation and international development
As part of the internationalization of its innovation policy, the Télécom group of the Institut Mines-Télécom is developing its network via involvement in the European REDICT network and through its implantation alongside the digital giants in Silicon Valley.
Thanks to these actions the institute has formed new academic and industrial partnerships and can now promote its SMEs internationally.
The Télécom group of the Institut Mines-Télécom in Silicon Valley
|In May 2010 the Télécom group of the Institut Mines-Télécom set up a base in the heart of Silicon Valley. This branch was created in collaboration with Carnegie Mellon University – Silicon Valley campus.
The aim is to support the development in the USA of SMEs and start-ups with close links to the institute and to form new academic and industrial partnerships, whilst:
- Exporting the Télécom group of the Institut Mines-Télécom initiatives to the United States
- Supporting start-ups on the American and world markets
- Bolstering its alliance with Carnegie Mellon University
- The Télécom group of the Institut Mines-Télécom partners in Silicon Valley
- - Academic partners: Carnegie Mellon University, Berkeley, MIT.
- Corporate partners: BNP Paribas, France Télécom / Orange, Gemalto, HP, Intel, L’Oréal.
- Institutional partners: Ubifrance, Invest in France, Oséo, Conseil scientifique de
l’ambassade de France, Cap Digital.
>> Read the press release on the set-up of the Télécom group of the Institut Mines-Télécom branch in Silicon Valley
Contact: Christian Martin
The REDICT project
The Télécom group of the Institut Mines-Télécom is a member of REDICT, the program launched on the initiative of the European Commission (FP7).
The purpose of this program is to create a European network revolving around the industrial sector (New Technologies and New Media) in order to foster the competitiveness and growth of businesses.
Six European regions are working on the project, including the Île-de-France region in France which has set up a consortium including
- The Télécom group of the Institut Mines-Télécom
- The Cap Digital Paris-Région competitiveness cluster
- The Agence Régionale de Développement Paris-Ile-de-France.
>> Find out more on REDICT
Contact in Silicon Valley
For further information about the Télécom group of the Institut Mines-Télécom in Silicon Valley, contact Christian Martin